Our clients often ask: what features should my website have? To be honest, it totally depends on what you do want from your website.
A website for selling products will have different features than a website that offers fresh content. But, there are certain features common to all websites. Through this blog post, we are going to discuss those essential elements.
Having this information can be of great help when you are interacting with a Santa Clara web development company. Without further ado, let’s begin.
- Search function: Can you imagine today’s internet without a search function? We can see your answer is NO. This is because search saves a lot of time and effort for the users. If you have such a function on your website, you can offer a fantastic experience to your users. Ask a reliable website development company in Santa Clara to include a search function in your website.
- Chat support: Many modern users find it hassling to contact customer support via phone or email. They want an instant solution to their queries. For those customers, you can have a chat support function. The best part about a chat support function is that you can start with chat bots. These bots have solutions for certain sets of questions that the users commonly ask.
- Call to action (CTA) buttons: A call to action button is a link that encourages a user to take an action. It could be as simple as a BUY NOW or ORDER NOW button. Or a CONTACT US button that opens up a form through which users ask queries. Such buttons tell the customers what to do next. You can increase your leads and sales by a great degree by having clear and persuasive CTAs throughout your website.
- Easy Navigation: Last thing a customer wants is getting lost on your site. Create a portal that’s easy to use and navigate. Reduce the number of main categories if possible. The header menu should be properly designed.
- Blog Section: A blog section is where you can post the latest updates from your company or your industry. This helps in two ways. First, your users will consider you a thought leader. Second, it can help you with search engine optimization (SEO).